The Power of Produce – A free club for kids!
The Power of Produce (POP) Club teaches children about fruits and vegetables, local food systems and healthy food preparation through fun activities about nutrition, food, and agriculture. Participants engage in the full farmers market experience, trying new foods, having conversations with farmers, and buying local produce using tokens earned in monthly POP Club activities.
POP Club events are scheduled once a month from May through mid-November (see dates below). Activities will range from planting flowers, scavenger hunts, petting zoos, and so much more! When a child completes the POP Club activity, they receive 2 POP Club tokens (worth a total of $2) that can be spent anywhere throughout the Keller Farmers Market. Come join the fun!
POP Program dates:
May through November
- May 12 – Plant a flower for Mom for Mother’s Day. All day event
- June 16 – Superhero Dad Day – eating all the colors that make you a hero too. Program times 9:30 am and 11:30 am
- July 14 – Scavenger Hunt at the market – can you find all the goodness? All day event
- August 11 – Petting Zoo – come see all the baby animals. 9am – Noon
- September 22 – Story Time and Veggie Bingo. 10am – Noon
- October 27 – Pumpkin Time – create your own pumpkin. 9am – Noon
- November 10 – We love our Farmers! All day event
A very special thank you to a major sponsor for POP Club, Primrose School of Keller! The Primrose staff will be joining the POP Club for our very first event on May 12th, which will include a take-home planting pot activity! Learn more about Primrose School of Keller at https://www.primroseschools.com/schools/keller/
We are also excited to announce that POP Club will be collaborating with Keller’s own Pickled Picasso to have really fun craft activities for each POP Club event! Learn more about Pickled Picasso at www.pickledpicasso.com.