Tips For Shopping At A Farmers Market
Cash works best, small bills especially. Bank debit/credit cards are accepted by the market in exchange for KFM Market Dollars to be used at vendor booths. Purchase KFM Market Dollars, SNAP funds or Fresh Funds at the KFM informational booth. The majority of our vendors accept checks or credit cards.
- Shop early for the best selection.
- The produce is seasonal so buy it when you see it. Ask the farmer how much longer it will be available.
- Be sure to ask a vendor a question or two – get to know the vendors and their products. Feel free to ask for recipe suggestions.
- Ask about pre-orders as many vendors allow you to pre-order things like eggs, meat, or artisan items.
- All meats are sold frozen.
- After you shop come to the Gazebo and sit a spell to enjoy the wonderful buskers (musicians) performing.
- Bring your own bags if you have some – if not most Vendors have plastic bags – or you can purchase a canvas tote bag at the informational booth for $2.00.
- Pets are allowed but must always be on a leash and well behaved.
- Check our what’s in Season to see when what you want is available.
- We hope you enjoy the market and make it your regular Saturday thing to do in Keller.